Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
One other thing I just thought of. What do you have your ISO set at? I have mine set on Auto with an allowed range of 100 - 1000. I wouldn't expect this to be part of your problem, but maybe?

05-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by orcrown Quote
Then I set M mode and set 45/8. But it changes to 45/6,7. In M mode; I set it 45/8, but when I press on the button slightly, it changes to 45/6,7. I think something wrong,isn't it ?
but camera took it with 45/6,7. The data is; m mode, ISO 200, WB is cloudy, JPEG 10M, sRGB, +/- is +0,5, 35mm,AF.S.
The odd part of this is that 45/6.7 is exactly +0.5 from 45/8
05-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I just did the same now and I got the reading 0.0 in M mode.No matter what values I set on the camera in M mode.It doesn't obey me and changes the values itself. For example, I set 4/6 but when I press on the button slightly, it changes to 4/5,6.
05-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
If the camera is set ta M mode, the sensitivity cannot be set to AUTO.

05-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
could the Auto EV compensation be set to <On>?

Sets whether to compensate automatically when
proper exposure cannot be determined.

Don't know but otherwise in M, the camera should 'obey' your choises.

PS in Custom Setting Menu
05-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #21
Veteran Member

In M mode, the K10D will not allow exposure compensation. Some cameras do.

This has been the subject of some serious debate on this and other forums. To me, M mode is M mode. EV comp is unneccessary. If I want to override the meter, I just turn one of the e-dials, after metering to see what the camera thinks is the "correct" exposure. Its just like my old Spotmatic or K1000.

Others feel that EV comp has a place in M mode.

In any case, the designers at Pentax did not include support for it in M mode on the K10D.

FWIW, when I set my K10D into M mode, it shoots at the settings I choose. I have never seen it override my choice, even if my choice is terribly wrong.
05-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #22
Inactive Account

If the camera is set ta M mode, the sensitivity cannot be set to AUTO.
Your right. This goes to show how infrequently I use M mode

05-05-2011, 11:05 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I don't know the problem but yesterday night I reseted the camera and the problem is gone. Now I can set my camera as I want in M mode and take shots on what value I set on the camera. I am still thinking about the problem. I may have changed the settings undeliberately but what setting it is. It is the point. I will try to find it. Thank you, Calicojack the idea to reset the camera. Bye.
05-06-2011, 01:27 AM   #24

Olá,
Na posição M ainda se registam alterações ao ajuste introdizido por ti?
Não deveria acontecer. Tenho uma K10 desde o seu lançamento e nunca me aconteceu algo semelhante.
05-06-2011, 03:00 AM   #25
Pentaxian

I don't know the problem but yesterday night I reseted the camera and the problem is gone. Now I can set my camera as I want in M mode and take shots on what value I set on the camera. I am still thinking about the problem. I may have changed the settings undeliberately but what setting it is. It is the point. I will try to find it. Thank you, Calicojack the idea to reset the camera. Bye.
You have not told us which lens you have been using. It must obviously have been an "A" lens set in A-mode since you are dialing as well aperture value as exposure time? (In which event the +/- display will tell you whether your exposure is right or not - but as others have said the EV compensation cannot be manually set in M-mode).

If your problem arises again, I would suggest that you try with another "A" lens to see if this is a lens- or a camera issue.
05-06-2011, 04:18 AM   #26
Inactive Account

<snip> I reseted the camera and the problem is gone. Now I can set my camera as I want in M mode and take shots on what value I set on the camera.<snip>.
I'm glad the general reset worked. I was getting worried just in case it was some sort of K10D Bug. I can't afford to get that K5 now.
Happy shooting
05-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #27
Inactive Account

Original Poster
First of all, I was using 35mm f2,8 macro and Sigma 10-20 when I faced this problem.I wrote it here before. I am still wondering about the problem to get informed myself and all the Pentax Users. I saw the same problem while I was using 50mm f1,7 SMC-A lens. So In my opinion, it was a problem with the camera. It is OK now but as I said before, I need to find what the problem was. Thank you all and thanks to you Calicojack.
05-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
could the Auto EV compensation be set to <On>?

Sets whether to compensate automatically when
proper exposure cannot be determined.

Don't know but otherwise in M, the camera should 'obey' your choises.

PS in Custom Setting Menu
Since the problem got solved by resetting, I think this confirms my 'hypothesis' since this option is returned to <Off> by a reset. P 206 of the manual.
05-07-2011, 04:30 AM   #29
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
Since the problem got solved by resetting, I think this confirms my 'hypothesis' since this option is returned to <Off> by a reset. P 206 of the manual.
I don't think think this was the whole source of the problem. I have my camera set to "Auto EV Compensation ... ON" and my camera follows my instruction and takes good exposures in M (using Green button metering).
In the first post, orcrown said he was getting an overexposure. Several posts later he said the results were either over or under exposed.
If it was the "Auto Exposure Compensation", it should have yielded correct exposures or at least consistant with the green button exposures.
05-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by calicojack Quote
I don't think think this was the whole source of the problem. I have my camera set to "Auto EV Compensation ... ON" and my camera follows my instruction and takes good exposures in M (using Green button metering).
In the first post, orcrown said he was getting an overexposure. Several posts later he said the results were either over or under exposed.
If it was the "Auto Exposure Compensation", it should have yielded correct exposures or at least consistant with the green button exposures.
Ok.
Too bad really: that is the only parameter I know of that would allow the camera to deviate from the settings in M mode.