Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
Forum Member

k-x turned k-r

I ordered a k-x but I received my shipping confirmation and it says that I will be receiving a k-r. I looked back at my order confirmation and it says k-x but my new order under my account says k-r, for the same price. The site I ordered it from also does not have the k-x that I ordered listed anymore.

So, if they are out of the k-x and are wanting to replace it with the k-r is there any downside to that for me? I know the k-r is a newer model right?

Thank you again.

05-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'd be happy, but if I was the seller I sure as heck would contact the buyer first.
05-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Newer, improved model - no downside for you. Enjoy.

(If you go out and buy a lottery ticket today, please send me the numbers you pick. Thanks!)
05-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mom2mny Quote
So, if they are out of the k-x and are wanting to replace it with the k-r is there any downside to that for me?
Absolutely not!! Yes, K-r is newer and an improved K-x. It's analogous to ordering a 42" LCD TV; somewhere along the line they decided to send you a "50 HDTV instead at no additional cost. As Crewl1 mentioned, I'd be looking into lottery tickets

05-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Just cross your fingers for some things:
-It's not an error. And that you'll have the receipt saying Kr so that you won't have warranty issues later.
-That you won't get a unit with the tungsten light front focusing problem since they haven't released any solution yet.

If you are lucky you get a camera that's more sensitive, with Af assist lamp, much better LCD,active focus point in the viewfinder, faster 6fps, better incamera HDR (although i doubt you'll use it much),and other minor improvements...

sorry to be the bearer of ill omen...sure hope it turns out to be all a good luck struck for you
05-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Wow... that is just saying you get the k-r for paying the price of k-x - that's very nice indeed. Hmm.. wonder if I should order a k-7 and hope (praying) to receive a k-5 - will it work?
05-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #7
Forum Member

share the site with others :-)

05-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
Absolutely not!! Yes, K-r is newer and an improved K-x. It's analogous to ordering a 42" LCD TV; somewhere along the line they decided to send you a "50 HDTV instead at no additional cost. As Crewl1 mentioned, I'd be looking into lottery tickets
Except the K-r will fit everywhere the K-x does, unlike the TV analogy.

/mounted our wall-mount too high so it won't accommodate a larger tv.
05-04-2011, 04:02 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Lucky you! K-r for the same price of the K-x.. I would smile and just confirm if it were me XD That is, if the seller doesn't have any stock of the K-x which they would have to sell at a lower price of they had one, since it's discontinued... But I'd have the name changed on the order form to K-r, just so that things are all fixed on records. Especially once the item arrives. XD
05-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I hope you do get a Kr. Congrats and enjoy!
05-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Keep your fingers crossed you're not counting chickens

No downside .. even if it had a FF problem I wouldn't be sending it back !
05-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yeah. I'm still expecting the k-x but thinking that the k-r would be a nice surprise! I've thought of the possibility that the "paperwork" is messed up but that I will get the k-x that I ordered. I'm still going to be happy with the k-x. My current camera is an 11 year old p&s. I've been saving for this one for over a year. The kids don't leave me much play money
05-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mom2mny Quote
Yeah. I'm still expecting the k-x but thinking that the k-r would be a nice surprise! I've thought of the possibility that the "paperwork" is messed up but that I will get the k-x that I ordered. I'm still going to be happy with the k-x. My current camera is an 11 year old p&s. I've been saving for this one for over a year. The kids don't leave me much play money
If you end up with the Kx .. you're going to love it. If you end up with the Kr .. you're going to love it. Win Win.