Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2011, 07:56 AM   #1

Marco lens help

Okay so on here everyone talks about how awesome the PENTAX FA 100mm f/2.8 MACRO lens is, i want one too, along with the million other lens i want, haha, i found one cheap on ebay, buy its design is a little different , so i dunni is it cheap coz its a fake, or what i dunno, maybe you camera experts can help me out

smc PENTAX FA 100mm f/2.8 MACRO Exc+ | eBay

05-06-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm not sure, but I don't think that's an unusual price for this older lens. Perhaps you are getting it confused with the newer D-FA 100 Macro WR?
05-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's his typical price for that lens. Or rather his typical asking price. I bought one from him 2+ years ago and it turned out to be defective (the autofocus was broken and I couldn't even manual focus with it). He took it back but it cost me 2 way shipping which was $50 in my case. I've bought from him since with good results. The $398 is what I paid then (I doubt that's the same lens) and at the time, the regular non WR DFA100mm f2.8 was going for about the same price, new. The non WR has an aperture ring that the WR lens lacks and can be had for considerably less than the WR version (last I looked). It's also about half the size. If the optics are the same then I would HIGHTLY recommend it.

Pentax DFA 100mm f2.8 WR - a set on Flickr

05-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got lucky buying mine for $360. It's outstanding, you need to step fairly far back from the subject which is good for insects.

It's also a VERY nice 100mm telephoto, IMHO. The focus "throw" is long, but the images are great.

It's also an unusual looking beastie.