Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #1

shooting mode..

Hi,
may I know if k-r is able to take pictures in black&white mode, sepia mode etc?

Thanks!

05-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ribbons Quote
Hi,

Thanks!
not sure about sepia, but almost all camera even P&S will do B&W.
05-07-2011, 05:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ribbons Quote
Hi,

Thanks!
What software do you use to process your images? I figure you have to be using something, and whatever it is will be able to do BW and Sepia which might be easier for you since you can do both to the images...
05-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The K-r does black&white in camera. You can apply a "colour filter" in the conversion so reds, greens etc. are enhanced. You can also apply a brown or blue toning to the result. The brown toning resembles sepia.

The black&white mode is one of the custom image styles, along with muted, vibrant etc.

Sincerely,
--Anders.

05-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If you don't want to do it in camera, download a free program called Picasa. The advantage of doing the conversions in the computer is that you could change your mind about which shots you want to convert. IMHO, Picasa is the best free photo catalog and editing software.
05-10-2011, 04:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Letting the camera do the conversion is limiting. There are lots of ways to convert an image, and whilst you might not have the software right now to do all of them, you can always revisit later if you do.

As well as Picasa, there is also Gimp (have never tried it) and PaintShopPro whilst not free isn't expensive, and has the tools to do most of the conversions I've come across including using Photoshop plugins.