Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
dropped camera

I have run into a problem with my K100D. When I turn it on, the top LCD reads "TV" and does not let me change it at all. Also, the back LCD reads card locked and any lens I try to use on the camera is dark and will not autofocus. Has anyone else run into this problem before? Any help that can be given regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

05-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Hrm, you may have done some damage, there, unfortunately. What causes the insistence on being in Tv (Shutter priority) mode, I don't know, unless it's downstream of your other problem somehow:

As for the lenses seeming dark and not AFing, is the mirror returned to the proper position? And is the dark appearance always present, ....And with lenses with aperture rings, does that vary when you turn the aperture dial?

What that is is either two separate damage-related problems, or one damage-related problem confusing the computer. If I were there in person, I'd tell you 'This doesn't look good, but I can see if I can unstick something.'

I'd probably suggest that you need to accept being thinking replacement body, *then* maybe see if any shadetree tech or your own fiddlings can do anything for it.

If you're attached to that camera in particular, maybe Pentax can help, though.
05-08-2011, 02:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
dropped camera

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hrm, you may have done some damage, there, unfortunately. What causes the insistence on being in Tv (Shutter priority) mode, I don't know, unless it's downstream of your other problem somehow:

As for the lenses seeming dark and not AFing, is the mirror returned to the proper position? And is the dark appearance always present, ....And with lenses with aperture rings, does that vary when you turn the aperture dial?

What that is is either two separate damage-related problems, or one damage-related problem confusing the computer. If I were there in person, I'd tell you 'This doesn't look good, but I can see if I can unstick something.'

I'd probably suggest that you need to accept being thinking replacement body, *then* maybe see if any shadetree tech or your own fiddlings can do anything for it.

If you're attached to that camera in particular, maybe Pentax can help, though.

well i found out that it is not stuck on tv mode , and the memory card is not on lock position and the main screen still sayes the card is locked so no pics can be taken with out that being fixed first . and the other thing with the darkness i just dnot understand that one same with the auto focus well on monday i am goin to get in contact with pentax see what they say but tioll the on on the look for a new one
05-08-2011, 07:35 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Dark viewfinder. Either the mirror is stuck in the up position as RML suggests or the linkage that controls the lens aperture is damaged somehow or the viewfinder itself is roached. The rest is electronic from the sound of it. Most likely something was jarred loose when dropped (nothing like stating the obvious). My semi educated guess (from reading of repair costs) is that it will be less expensive to replace the camera than fix it.

Good luck either way.

05-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
yeah your right im working on getting anouther one and maybe upgrade if i can talk her in to it wich i dought it but you never know