Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #31
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bill_R Quote
So, the OP has done this wedding by now? How about some shots?
No the op has not I have turned down three weddings. Have one on the line for a September wedding outdoors... I'm thinking I need more detail but with the church and low light issue a moot point I might accept that wedding. In mean time I've been learning my new photoshop cs5 and lightroom software to see what else I can do above and beyond "uncle Joe".

Furthermore as offended as I was with the family reunion had a compromise fallen in say the 6-700.00 I would have done it. Possibly even lower just for the 55 families buisness exposure. The client would not budge off the $200.00. Ohh well...

05-25-2011, 11:09 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
At $200 you would have done yourself a disservice. Some things just aren't worth doing.
06-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #33
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
I have no intention of humiliating myself in public about using the wrong sync speed.

Been there, seen that and got both movie and T shirt, my excuse was I was using someone else's kit, some fancy other brand nonsense, what was your excuse?

Wasn't a wedding so I could do a re-shoot at a later date and save face.
06-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #34

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Photography isn't the only field like that. Check out this knucklehead.
Try running a graphic design firm! I consider it a professional occupation. Granted, I am not a Dr. or lawyer, but it is a skill. When people complain about price and suggest their neighbor or friend can do it at a fraction of my price, I ask them, "If you were being sued or needed surgery, would you use your neighbor or friend?" Works a lot of the time.

06-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bluebronco Quote
Try running a graphic design firm! I consider it a professional occupation. Granted, I am not a Dr. or lawyer, but it is a skill. When people complain about price and suggest their neighbor or friend can do it at a fraction of my price, I ask them, "If you were being sued or needed surgery, would you use your neighbor or friend?" Works a lot of the time.
My sister worked freelance graphic design and digital post production for a spell, and she always made it sound like such a harrowing experience. People enthusiastically getting you on board and then when you quote them an extremely reasonable (perhaps borderline unreasonable-for-the-artist) estimated cost they'd flake out and say things like, "Oh, well... we had a guy last year who worked for us for free. Sorry, I don't think we can pay you."

I mean, what?