Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K-X focus indicator

The focus indicator on my K-X works fine when focusing on something with a lot of contrast but don't work well on greenery and landscape.I always use center focus
from habit from years of using SLR's.Is this normal or do others not find this problem?
Jake

05-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i stopped relying on the focus indicator on my k-x because it doesn't always work for me in low-contrast/low-light situations when i'm manual focusing. when it does work (like when im doing portraits outdoors in good light), it helps a bit, but i can live without it =) so as an answer to your question, yes, its normal on my k-x
05-08-2011, 08:49 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's normal that AF struggles in low contrast setting, yes. The focus indicator that appears in MF mode should work exactly as well as AF itself. When dealing with situations where AF might struggle, it may help to turn the focus ring more slowly than usual, to give the system time to determine if it's really in focus or not.
05-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Marc's advise works helps a lot,the slower the better.I don't have trouble focusing on the old SLR's but hard for me to focus with the K-X.
Jake