Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lens buying decision

Please advice me if these lenses are worth buying and what would be a deal breaker price that I can offer for these:

- Sigma 28-70mm zoom lens (being used currently on P30n film camera)

- Centon mirror lens f/8 500mm (being used currently on P30n film camera)

- Aico super wide semi fish eye 0.42X lens (being used currently on P30n film camera)

-Sigma lens 28-80 with macro features currently being used in a old pentax MZ-30 film camera

and finally a

- Tamron 28-200 currently being used with a MZ-30

Also advice whether they can be adopted straight away by my K-r

thanks in advance

05-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sany Quote
Please advice me if these lenses are worth buying
Go to this websites lens database and check reviews (all of which will obviously be subjective)

and what would be a deal breaker price that I can offer for these
Look up the lenses on ebay and see how much they're selling for...

Also advice whether they can be adopted straight away by my K-r
If they're working on K-mount cameras such as MZ30 and P30n... Then yes they will work on your K-r providing you set it up to 'allow aperture ring'
05-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
None of those strike me as even remotely desirable lenses, not based on their quality, but just the basic specs. If you've already got the 2 kit zooms, these would be in all possible respects preferable. The only one possibly worth checking out would be the mirror lens. It's unliekly to be very good, but they can be fun.
05-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
Go to this websites lens database and check reviews (all of which will obviously be subjective)
except sigma and tamron, I dont think the rest appear in the database and this is the reason i posted here.

thanks

05-09-2011, 05:57 AM   #5
Veteran Member

As mentioned, all of these will "work" on your Kr, but they are unlikely to be very exciting. The mirror could be quite fun; mine was US$13 a couple years ago, but sellers might want around US$100 now, which I would consider to be TOO MUCH! Even a not-so-good mirror can give decent results with brightly-lit subjects. The 0.42x wide-angle adapter is trash. If you *want* to shoot trashy widened images of low quality, it's maybe worth US$5.