Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by olivemike Quote
Ok, so i have confirmed that the sensor shutter is not opening and that the sensor probably is in tact. Thanks for everyone's help. I welcome any suggestions on how to get the sensor shutter to open.
Can you see the sensor when the camera is set to sensor cleaning? Or do you still see the shutter? Does the mirror fly up and stay up? If the shutter does not open for sensor cleaning it is probably jammed and will need service.

05-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #17

Original Poster
Update - The camera works (sensor shutter activates) in movie mode but it still won't work take a picture in any camera mode or with any lens . All functions have been reset to original defaults, batteries removed, reloaded. SD card emptied. Flash will work.

So somehow the shutter button raises the mirror but the sensor shutter won't activate in camera mode.

I'm guessing it will need to go to the shop but the repair bill will cost just about as much as a new one.

Any other ideas with this new info is appreciated!!!! I'm so grateful for this forum.
05-11-2011, 04:12 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Update - The camera works (sensor shutter activates) in movie mode but it still won't work take a picture in any camera mode or with any lens . All functions have been reset to original defaults, batteries removed, reloaded. SD card emptied. Flash will work.

So somehow the shutter button raises the mirror but the sensor shutter won't activate in camera mode.

I'm guessing it will need to go to the shop but the repair bill will cost just about as much as a new one.

Any other ideas with this new info is appreciated!!!! I'm so grateful for this forum.
The camera will take a movie but not a still picture, correct? So the shutter does work. Green mode (AUTOPICT) with the kit lens does not take a picture?
Just a shot in the dark, not sure if this will help. Try a firmware update, maybe that will reset the electronics.
05-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #19

Original Poster
AWESOME - it worked!!!!!! The firmware update did the trick!!!

Thank you so much GP1806! Saved me a bunch of coin!

This forum rocks!

05-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Apparently something got corrupted. I would have never thought that would have worked. I'll be interested to see if it happens again.

Have fun with your new life camera!

05-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #21
Veteran Member

AWESOME - it worked!!!!!! The firmware update did the trick!!!

Thank you so much GP1806! Saved me a bunch of coin!

This forum rocks!
That's great. Glad to help. Have fun.