Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Bought K10 with debug on screen

I recently moved up from a vey user friendly Sony cybershot 3.3 OLD OLD camera to a pentax K10. I bought the camera with the standard lens off of ebay for 300.00. The seller said the camera was had a debug mode activated which could be reversed. I didn't think it to be a problem but this with the intense manual has me extremely frustrated. Turn the camera on and the LCD screen says debug in the left hand corner none of the menu buttons read what the book says and I am at a damned loss at what to do since I can't follow the manual.The seller said he would tell me how to set it back but he took the money and ran. I suppose I made a major mistake buying the camera and now am asking for help to understand this debug feces on my screen. Camera came without SD card (cheap A$$) so I just am now able to use it.

Part 2 I bought a Sigma 10-20 mm lens that fits a Nikon DA. Is there an adaptor so I can use this lens on my K10 after I understand the debug Thanks to every soul that helps me.

05-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This post might help you exit debug mode: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/110320-k10d-focus-...ml#post1136677

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by graveyardeyes Quote
I recently moved up from a vey user friendly Sony cybershot 3.3 OLD OLD camera to a pentax K10. I bought the camera with the standard lens off of ebay for 300.00. The seller said the camera was had a debug mode activated which could be reversed. I didn't think it to be a problem but this with the intense manual has me extremely frustrated. Turn the camera on and the LCD screen says debug in the left hand corner none of the menu buttons read what the book says and I am at a damned loss at what to do since I can't follow the manual.The seller said he would tell me how to set it back but he took the money and ran. I suppose I made a major mistake buying the camera and now am asking for help to understand this debug feces on my screen. Camera came without SD card (cheap A$$) so I just am now able to use it.

Part 2 I bought a Sigma 10-20 mm lens that fits a Nikon DA. Is there an adaptor so I can use this lens on my K10 after I understand the debug Thanks to every soul that helps me.
Just update the firmware and your camera should operate normally. I would go no further than v1.30 so you can get Back to the debug mode if you wish to.

Downloads

I don't know about using the nikon mount lens on a K mount. I Think there's an adapter available somewhere but not sure if it will work with your lens. You might be better off reselling the lens and buying one that fits your camera.

Good luck.

05-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
Veteran Member

For the DA Lens -> K mount, I found this one on amazon, but it looks like you control the aperture yourself ?

Amazon.com: Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter - Nikon Lens to Pentax K mount adapter for Pentax K-5, K-r, K-x, K-7, K-m, x70, X90, K200d, K20d, K100D Super, K10D, K110D,K100D, *ist DL2, *ist DS2, *ist DL, *ist DS, K1000, K2000: Camera & Photo

05-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Brochure written in 7 languages says it fits a pentax. Got a great buy on it. Thanks.
Will download tomarrow the firmware from the computer to camera and hopefully fix the problem. thanks to all.
05-15-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graveyardeyes Quote
Brochure written in 7 languages says it fits a pentax. Got a great buy on it. Thanks.
Will download tomarrow the firmware from the computer to camera and hopefully fix the problem. thanks to all.
Make sure you have a fully charged battery when you do this.
You wouldn't want your camera to get bricked.