Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tokina AF 19-35mm & K-5

Just purchased K-5 body. Have a Tokina AF 19-35mm lens that I have enjoyed using with my k10-d. Cannot get this lens to work on K-5. Not sure what issue is.

05-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Have you set the "allow aperture ring other than A" option in the menu? In what sense can you not get the lens to work?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What exactly doesn't work?? You mention its the AF version of lens....so does focus not work? Are all the images dark or blown out or what? Does the lens not mount to the body? Give us a little more detail on exactly what your issue is...lots of sharp people on this forum who are willing to help and advise, just need a bit more detail please.

Thanks,
05-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sorry for the vague question. When I locked the lens into place, the LCD panel would only read; "F--" and nothing else appeared on the read out. On my K10-d I just locked the lens into place and was good to go. I found that holding down the lens autolock button while rotating the aperture ring did the trick. Thank you both for your responses! Take care.

05-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
Inactive Account

I'll assume you know how to use your lens. If the aperture ring has an A setting put it there. If it does and is, and still doesn't work, then something is wrong with the contact on the lens. If it Does Not, then go into your custom menu, #5 I think, and set the parameter Allow Aperture Ring to Permitted. It defaults to off when shipped and this type of question gets asked at least once a week. If there is no A setting on the lens aperture, the display will Still say F-- but you'll be able to use the lens.