Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Is it possible to change the direction of the control dials (e-dials) on a K20D?

Is it possible to change the direction of the control dials (e-dials) on a K20D?

Somehow they just go the wrong way for me. I use them for aperture & ISO (AV), shutter speed & ISO (TV) and shutter speed & aperture (M). Whenever I want to increase or decrease a setting, somehow my thumb/finger turns the dial in the wrong direction. So can I reverse the direction of adjustment of the two dials?

05-16-2011, 07:46 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FreddyFrog Quote

Hold the camera upside-down.
Sorry, just had a little smartass attack there. Seriously, no there isn't a way to do that.
I have the same issue. To me, the direction they turn just isn't intuitive.
05-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Hold the camera upside-down.
Sorry, just had a little smartass attack there. Seriously, no there isn't a way to do that.
I have the same issue. To me, the direction they turn just isn't intuitive.
That's interesting... I actually swapped my front and rear from stock settings, which seems to make everything about how one would expect. Front e-dial becomes shutter and turns the same direction a shutter speed dial does, rear for aperture goes left-right for higher numbers/stopping down.

Don't know if that'd help, but I basically unboxed my K20d, was thrown off by the stock dial assignments, made the switch right off the bat and forgot they don't come that way. Same finger as I'd use for shutter speed with my old Canons, anyway, so it seemed the most natural. And that, at least, 'turns the right way.'
05-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, you can swap functions, what bothers me, and if I understand correctly, the OP is the direction they turn to effect a change. i.e. turning the wheel clockwise has the opposite effect on aperture or shutter speed than it seems like it should have.