Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #1

K-7 froze in video mode, now messed up

I was shooting k-7 video with a rode stereo mic attached, and then the camera froze. The live screen was still on and "rec" sign was still blinking but the time stopped, and the camera did not react to any of the buttons or the on/off switch. After waiting for about 5 minutes I pulled the battery out as I had no other choice. Now the camera turns on, but the back screen is blinking very rapidly and you can see text and numbers overlapping. Is there anything that can be done? Have I messed up the camera for good?

Appreciate any help.

05-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There was another member who had over heating problems during video recording. He removed the battery and lens let it cool and then it worked again. He just focused on taking shorter videos from then on. If over heating is the problem and if you are having malfunctions past the cool down I would wonder about a hardware fail rather then a software fail. Got any warranty left? Also may try a new sd card in case that failed.
05-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I cannot diagnose the problem but if it is due to overheating then like the previous poster said the only thing you can do is let it cool down completely, try it then to see if it works normally and keep an eye on the temp. Other than that a professional would need to tell you if it's a problem beyond overheating and what to do from there.
05-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you for your replies. I let it sit for some time and now the screen seems to be fine again.

05-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #5
Pentaxian

You should get a temperature warning on the LCD when the camera's getting too hot. Did you notice this?

Also, I'd recommend upgrading the firmware to the latest version if you haven't done so already.