Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2011, 02:44 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
continuous shooting problems K-x

Hi there....today I was out with my K-x having some fun, and at one point I switched the drive mode to continuous shooting to try it out. What happened is the camera took 3 shots very quickly close together and then it slowed right down to about one shutter click every 1.5 seconds. I checked my owners manual when I came home and did notice that it said if I have my distortion correction and lat-chromatic-ab adjustments turned on it will slow down the speed of the continuous drive mode. So, I turned it off, and I also replaced the batteries because they were low. After doing this I tried it again, and it was better....BUT this time it took 8 shots in succession before slowing down to that speed of about 1 shot every 1-2 seconds. Why is it doing this? Is it maybe dirty somewhere and needs to be cleaned? Is this normal behaviour? I thought the camera should just continue to take fast photos in succession until the memory card was full without any slowing or stopping. Please help!

05-21-2011, 06:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Size, number and type of image files vs. camera buffer size + speed of SD card.

The bigger the image file the longer it will take to write to the SD card via the camera internal memory buffer. I don't have a K-x, but check if the stats for continous shooting refer to the type of image file, ie, is the maximum speed referenced to shooting JPEGs?
05-21-2011, 06:41 AM   #3
Forum Member

Every single correction will limit the number of shots. Turn off not only the Lens correction and d-range settings but also to noise reduction.

As JohnX said, the writing speed of your memory card is also a factor.
05-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #4

Original Poster
Okay, this information is somewhat helpful. However I did check with the specifications and they say that at BEST quality, 12 M, shooting JPEGs, the camera should be able to take up to approximately 17 shots at about 4.7 fps. I'm not sure what determines the speed of an SD card, but mine is an 8GB Kingston SDHC card.

05-21-2011, 03:36 PM   #5

Original Poster
Ooops, appears I spoke too soon. Now I think I've figured it out. I deleted all video/images from my SD card, turned off ALL correction adjustments, tried it again and got exactly 17 shots before it stopped or slowed down.

Thanks for all the tips.