Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
SD sdhc card will not download

I have a K100D and just tried a SanDisk 4GB sdhc card. I have no problem viewing the pictures on my camera but when I tried downloading them to my computer I just get a I/O device error. I tried using a SanDisk card reader and downloading from the camera but nether worked. Any ideas on how to recover the pictures?

05-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To recover the pics from the camera, you should be able to use the USB cord - hook up both ends (one to camera other to PC) and turn on the camera. The PC should recognize the camera as a "drive" and you should then be able to copy/move the photos from the camera.

However, once you have the photos on the PC, you need to figure out what's going on with the card. After getting the pics off it, format it in the camera, take some pics and see if your PC will read the card. If you have access to another PC, try that one also. I have an older *ist DL that my PC won't read cards from, buy my wife's PC will???? shrug
05-23-2011, 03:10 AM   #3

you can try first attaching the card to the reader then the reader to the computer.

or maybe your reader dont accept SDHC?
05-23-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
I've tried the mini-USB from camera and a card reader to my old PC and neither worked, I'm going to try my brothers new computer next. I've never had a problem with a 1GB card, maybe my computer doesn't support SDHC.

05-23-2011, 06:49 AM   #5
Banned

Sounds like maybe your computer's USB port is faulty.
05-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I had similar problems with flash cards/drives and was not able to recover the pictures. Even took them to my local tech shop and they couldn't recover them. Purchased replacement cards and they're working fine, so far.