Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2011, 12:05 PM   #16
Pentaxian
Clavius's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: De Klundert
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,115
Original Poster
Just to give you guys an update:

Turns out that I wasn't paranoid at all!

I had to microadjust the focussing of ALL my automatic lenses! My second hand DA 16-45 was the record holder. Had to adjust it +3. And my FA 50 1.4 only -1. All other lenses were in between those extremes.

My K5 already impressed very much, but now I'm even happier with it!

06-01-2011, 12:27 AM   #17
Veteran Member
Wombat's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: South Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 901
Glad you got it all sorted out. Now post some pics and wow us all.
06-01-2011, 12:28 AM   #18
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Innsbruck
Posts: 283
When you say that this +3 made the difference, i still tend to call you paranoid
06-01-2011, 01:54 AM   #19
Pentaxian
Clavius's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: De Klundert
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,115
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mehlsack Quote
When you say that this +3 made the difference, i still tend to call you paranoid
Haha! Well, let me rephrase that: It's not paranoid for MY standards. LOL

Oh no, this makes me a pixelpeeper, doesn't it?

06-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #20
Pentaxian
Marc Sabatella's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10,686
I think the point is, the FA50 is the *only* AF lens in your signature capable of a shallow enough DOF for a +3 adjustment to have anything but a placebo effect, most likely. Well, maybe the macro when actually used at macro distances, but then, you wouldn't likely be using AF anyhow.
06-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #21
Veteran Member
sany's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dubai, UAE
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 428
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Just to give you guys an update:

Turns out that I wasn't paranoid at all!

I had to microadjust the focussing of ALL my automatic lenses! My second hand DA 16-45 was the record holder. Had to adjust it +3. And my FA 50 1.4 only -1. All other lenses were in between those extremes.

My K5 already impressed very much, but now I'm even happier with it!
Hi Clavius, how did you do this - and under what conditions(in outdoors in bright light?).

Can you even adjust lenses, i never knew this and i wouldn't even have suspected it.
06-02-2011, 01:40 AM   #22
Pentaxian
Clavius's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: De Klundert
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,115
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
I think the point is, the FA50 is the *only* AF lens in your signature capable of a shallow enough DOF for a +3 adjustment to have anything but a placebo effect, most likely. Well, maybe the macro when actually used at macro distances, but then, you wouldn't likely be using AF anyhow.
Well, I was told that a lens is only really sharp in 1 point only. And if you look critically enough, then you'll notice that too. At least, I notice it very well. Even if you have a very wide depth of field, only the very centre point of it will be 100% focussed. And that point should be in the very centre of my centre AF thingy. It's very noticeable and annoying, to me at least, if that 100% focussed point isn't where I intended it to be.
06-02-2011, 02:11 AM   #23
Pentaxian
Clavius's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: De Klundert
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,115
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sany Quote
Hi Clavius, how did you do this - and under what conditions(in outdoors in bright light?).

Can you even adjust lenses, i never knew this and i wouldn't even have suspected it.
Yeah, use the one Marc suggested: Home. (Thanks Marc for that one!)

I did it under bright outdoors light. The sky was grey but bright, so that's perfect. Guessing you shouldn't use tungsten light.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, check, images, pentax help, photography, sharpness
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
k-7 sharpness / fine sharpness / fine sharpness 2 mattdm Pentax DSLR Discussion 10 12-12-2010 08:10 AM
Help with k-7 sharpness shaun2k Pentax DSLR Discussion 14 02-11-2010 06:25 PM
Sharpness VS Fine-Sharpness in k20d wasim_altaf Pentax DSLR Discussion 8 10-12-2009 11:41 AM
Sharpness vs Fine Sharpness on K20D morfic Pentax DSLR Discussion 2 11-02-2008 10:13 AM
Fine sharpness and sharpness move together on K20D 1.01 morfic Pentax DSLR Discussion 2 07-11-2008 09:18 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:04 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top