Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2011, 12:05 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Just to give you guys an update:

Turns out that I wasn't paranoid at all!

I had to microadjust the focussing of ALL my automatic lenses! My second hand DA 16-45 was the record holder. Had to adjust it +3. And my FA 50 1.4 only -1. All other lenses were in between those extremes.

My K5 already impressed very much, but now I'm even happier with it!

06-01-2011, 12:27 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Glad you got it all sorted out. Now post some pics and wow us all.
06-01-2011, 12:28 AM   #18

When you say that this +3 made the difference, i still tend to call you paranoid
06-01-2011, 01:54 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mehlsack Quote
When you say that this +3 made the difference, i still tend to call you paranoid
Haha! Well, let me rephrase that: It's not paranoid for MY standards. LOL

Oh no, this makes me a pixelpeeper, doesn't it?

06-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #20
Pentaxian

I think the point is, the FA50 is the *only* AF lens in your signature capable of a shallow enough DOF for a +3 adjustment to have anything but a placebo effect, most likely. Well, maybe the macro when actually used at macro distances, but then, you wouldn't likely be using AF anyhow.
06-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Just to give you guys an update:

Turns out that I wasn't paranoid at all!

I had to microadjust the focussing of ALL my automatic lenses! My second hand DA 16-45 was the record holder. Had to adjust it +3. And my FA 50 1.4 only -1. All other lenses were in between those extremes.

My K5 already impressed very much, but now I'm even happier with it!
Hi Clavius, how did you do this - and under what conditions(in outdoors in bright light?).

Can you even adjust lenses, i never knew this and i wouldn't even have suspected it.
06-02-2011, 01:40 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
I think the point is, the FA50 is the *only* AF lens in your signature capable of a shallow enough DOF for a +3 adjustment to have anything but a placebo effect, most likely. Well, maybe the macro when actually used at macro distances, but then, you wouldn't likely be using AF anyhow.
Well, I was told that a lens is only really sharp in 1 point only. And if you look critically enough, then you'll notice that too. At least, I notice it very well. Even if you have a very wide depth of field, only the very centre point of it will be 100% focussed. And that point should be in the very centre of my centre AF thingy. It's very noticeable and annoying, to me at least, if that 100% focussed point isn't where I intended it to be.
06-02-2011, 02:11 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sany Quote
Hi Clavius, how did you do this - and under what conditions(in outdoors in bright light?).

Can you even adjust lenses, i never knew this and i wouldn't even have suspected it.
Yeah, use the one Marc suggested: Home. (Thanks Marc for that one!)

I did it under bright outdoors light. The sky was grey but bright, so that's perfect. Guessing you shouldn't use tungsten light.