Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can you post a photo of the adapoor you actually have? And the back of the lens

The one you linked should work fine as it had no rear flange the rear flange would, on the smc tak lock the aperture because it would hit the aperture coupling used on spotmatic ESII and F cameras for open aperture metering. It also could be something in your body. Specifically the electrical couplings. Can you post 3 shots. One of the adaptor on it's own, one with the lens screwed onto the adaptor but not in the camera. Shoot the rear of the lens for this. And the last of the adaptor set onto the camera with no lens mounted.

If my guess is right you will need to probably mount the lens first on the adaptor but not screw the lens into the adaptor when mounted to the camera

05-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I understand now. Thank you.

You have M42-EOS adapter similar to this:

and the lens hits the inner part. Full focus range of lens is not possible, as you say.

The M42-EOS adapter without "flange" is necessary for this lens:

Inexpensive on ebaY. I recommend seller BigIS. Ask him for "flange-less" type M42-EOS adapter.
05-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rhodopsin Quote
I understand now. Thank you.

You have M42-EOS adapter similar to this:

and the lens hits the inner part. Full focus range of lens is not possible, as you say.

The M42-EOS adapter without "flange" is necessary for this lens:

Inexpensive on ebaY. I recommend seller BigIS. Ask him for "flange-less" type M42-EOS adapter.
Ohhhh that's it my friend. I have a BigIS black mount adapter, but it has flange. I'm now asking to the seller for an adapter without it. Thank you very much!!! I hope that thing can fix my issue, you were really kind. Thank you so much.