Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by StormChaser Quote
I FIXED IT!!!!!!!! WOO HOO! I finished off my roll of film, then I took the lens off and opened the back of the camera and cleaned the whole inside of it, and really worked the advance lever and after a while it just started working perfectly!
Sometimes, after sitting unused for a long time, cameras simply need some excercise. Grease and oil can harden over time and "glue" together the parts they're supposed to lubricate.

This can also be dangerous, though. Sometimes, those parts are rather fragile and, when you apply sufficient force to move them, they bend or break.

I'm glad you got it working. There's a guy named Eric Hendrickson in Tennessee, who is a former factory tech for Pentax. He is the acknowledged expert in repairing Pentax film cameras. However, the ME Super is a relatively common camera and can probably be replaced on eBay for less than he would charge for a CLA (clean, lube, adjust).

I have an ME Super. Its a very nice little camera. I love it.

Paul Noble

06-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by noblepa Quote
Sometimes, after sitting unused for a long time, cameras simply need some excercise. Grease and oil can harden over time and "glue" together the parts they're supposed to lubricate.

This can also be dangerous, though. Sometimes, those parts are rather fragile and, when you apply sufficient force to move them, they bend or break.

I'm glad you got it working. There's a guy named Eric Hendrickson in Tennessee, who is a former factory tech for Pentax. He is the acknowledged expert in repairing Pentax film cameras. However, the ME Super is a relatively common camera and can probably be replaced on eBay for less than he would charge for a CLA (clean, lube, adjust).

I have an ME Super. Its a very nice little camera. I love it.

Paul Noble
Eric Hendrickson: Pentax Repair

Steve