Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
matte screen in viewfinder

I keep noticing this word 'matte screen' for focusing in manual focusing situations, I also notice in the manual, that while in manual focusing mode I can either press shutter half way and rotate the focus ring to get the bleep confirming the focus and the second option is to use the matte screen.

Can somebody tell me what is this (is this what we always see thru? in the viewfinder) and how i can make use of this in manual focusing as I wanted to know about this before i decide to invest on a split screen.

thanks

05-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
That's just the name for the screen that's already installed. The idea being, you can either focus just by listening for the beep, or you can actually look at the screen and see for yourself when it's in focus (easier said than done, though).
05-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Is is easier for a newbie like me to install a split screen by myself without scratching or damaging anything in the camera internally and isn't there any issue with metering after installation?
What could be a decent split screen for my K-r?