Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #1

I need help!!!

I have a pentax K-r and i love it, but i recently encounterd a problem, when i wanna go shooting in the dark/night and put the camera in any certain shooting mode, the shutter speed, ISO, and F stop flash or blink as if that my lense cap is on, please help

06-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's telling you for that scene there is insufficient light for the camera to meter the shot with the settings provided. If you know what settings you need for the shot, don't worry about it, just press the shutter release button.
06-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #3
MJL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
What lens?

What lens you are using? May be the aperture ring on the A-series lens is not lock on "A". My M-series lens will do the same, but without the F display.
06-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MJL Quote
My M-series lens will do the same, but without the F display
I believe the OP is referring to the viewfinder display parameters, in which case it's a metering discrepancy the camera is finding hard to adjust for in the given setting.

06-04-2011, 07:04 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Try this.

Set your camera to Tv (shutter Priority) so you can dial in a fast enough shutter speed to avoid camera shake in the photo.

Make sure your ISO is on Auto and that you have enough range to cover your situation.

Chances are, the camera will shoot with the lens wide open at this point. If it does, and you don't want it to, go to M mode, set your shutter speed and aperture where you want it, then adjust ISO until everything stops blinking. The Blinking is an exposure warning.

06-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #6

Original Poster
hanx guys, but the lcd screen blinks when i know there is sufficient light to meter its strange, i ddnt have this problem with my previous pentax
06-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

What are the settings being displayed when you notice the blinking?
It also blinks due to gross overexposure - it's an exposure warning for both ways.
06-05-2011, 05:08 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by iammokster Quote
hanx guys, but the lcd screen blinks when i know there is sufficient light to meter its strange, i ddnt have this problem with my previous pentax
No they just set the exposure to the minimum it could measure without telling you

06-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #9

Original Poster
thanx guys got the problem solved