Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #1

K10D won't autofocus

I have a K10D and the auto focus does not work. At first I though it might be my lens so I took my 18-250 of and put my kit 18-55 back on but it does the same thing it just jerks back and forth only about an 1/8 of an inch. I know this is good practice for me , to learn quick manual focusing skills but there are time when I really need the AF. Has anyone else had this problem? please help

06-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
See if this works

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/138707-pentax-k10d...us-solved.html
06-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try also changing your battery and cleaning the contacts then retry AF.
06-08-2011, 05:41 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Reply: K10D won't autofocus

Hi ,dear friend, I am not sure if it was related to your experience, each AF sensor actually covers quite a large area, not just a tiny portion like those on old AF film bodies. And mate this with sensor misalignment (against the focus screen), the camera might not AF on something you think it was AF on. The picture below is how the AF sensor of my DS looks like in reality after some quick tests (the actual cross shapes are not accurate btw). Within each sensor coverage, the camera might pick on any point to AF.

Thanks............

06-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Angus18 Quote
Hi ,dear friend, I am not sure if it was related to your experience, each AF sensor actually covers quite a large area, not just a tiny portion like those on old AF film bodies. And mate this with sensor misalignment (against the focus screen), the camera might not AF on something you think it was AF on. The picture below is how the AF sensor of my DS looks like in reality after some quick tests (the actual cross shapes are not accurate btw). Within each sensor coverage, the camera might pick on any point to AF.

Thanks............
@Angus...Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately your illustration does not display.

Steve