Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2011, 05:19 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Which retailers stock Pentax dslr

I've enjoyed 2 Pentax slr film cameras over the years and have 3 Pentax lenses - Want to purchase a dslr, but would like to attach my lenses and take some shots in the store - But, I cannot find a retailer that stocks the Pentax dslr - Does anyone know of a retailer that stocks Pentax dslrs? Thanks

06-11-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Which region of the world do you live in?
I do think it really helps that when considering which camera to buy that you hold and feel the cameras before making a decision. This is naturally something no online shop or Internet forum can satisfy.
While this forum does have many resources such as lens and camera reviews as well as a deep and diverse pool of camera users and their experience, it always helps to physically hold a camera for a few moments before buying.
We can always help suggest what lenses will and will not work on your camera. (and why) But we cannot know how you will like the way the camera feels in your hands.
To answer your original question. If you live in The United States, I would bet no department stores have Pentax dslr cameras in store but many camera stores with solid reputations should have at least last year's models.
Pentax seems to feel comfortable with having the majority of their sales coming through online orders. Which is very unfortunate for it's growth.

Last edited by Nowhere Matt; 06-11-2011 at 06:28 AM.
06-11-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why not rent?
06-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I have actually seen a Pentax in the Costco here. It was a K-x kit but you could not attach your own lenses to it.

All Pentax lenses - from the M42s to the present - will work with the modern K frames like the K-5, K-r, K-x and K-7 if that is what you are worried about. The M42s need an adapter and there is a lot written about that here if you search.

06-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I started seeing Cord Camera in Columbus carrying Pentax in the store, of course this after they have closed half their locations. I really don't understand why more camera stores don't carry Pentax. I would think it's hard for them to compete with the big box stores that all sell Canon, Nikon, and Sony. Why not carry Pentax?
06-15-2011, 07:28 PM   #6

I saw a K-X and, I believe, a K-5 at Frye's Electronics in Plano, TX not too long ago. I don't know where Frye's operates other than the DFW area.
06-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Texas Transplant Quote
I saw a K-X and, I believe, a K-5 at Frye's Electronics in Plano, TX not too long ago. I don't know where Frye's operates other than the DFW area.
Wow, thanks. The one 9 miles from here actually has both black and red K-r's in stock!