Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

KR mount question

Hey guys, just bought a Sears 135 f2.8 macro KR mount off ebay for $23 shipped. Should receive it some time next week.I already know about the Ricoh pin and plan on removing it. My question is: Will the lens work as an A lens? It has the letters (A)P next to the 22 on aperture ring.

06-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Roob-N-Boots Quote
Hey guys, just bought a Sears 135 f2.8 macro KR mount off ebay for $23 shipped. Should receive it some time next week.I already know about the Ricoh pin and plan on removing it. My question is: Will the lens work as an A lens? It has the letters (A)P next to the 22 on aperture ring.
Yes... See here -> https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/146954-my-newl...ml#post1536150

----
06-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you Joe. I'm looking forward to using it, having it function as an A lens will give me one less thing to worry about!
06-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just a reminder - make SURE you don't forget and remove that pin before slapping it on. Some of the Ricoh mounts are fine even without removing the pin, this particular one has the problem pin, it took me about 10 minutes to dismount the lens from the K-X; the pin is extremely easy to remove, takes about a minute if that.

Enjoy the lens, stop it down a few stops and it will give you some great images...