Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2011, 06:08 AM   #1

What kind of SD memory card works with Optio T10?

Greetings!

Can somebody tell me will the below SD memory card work with a Pentax T10 camera?

Amazon dot com web site:
SanDisk 8 GB Class 2 SDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDB-8192

06-14-2011, 06:18 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check the camera's manual- if it allows sdhc cards, then the card you linked will work. Unfortunately, some older models don't, in which case you'll need a regular sd card under 4gb.
06-14-2011, 06:49 AM   #3

Original Poster
Adam;

Thanks for responding to my question. My Optio T10 won't work with an SDHC card I don't think.

I have got an owner's manual. It was published in the year 2006. It doesn't mention anything about the SDHC card.

The HC stands for "high capacity." It's my understanding that the high capacity card is a newer technology. It was probably developed after the Optio T10 was designed.

I just found a chat option on the Pentax web site. The below information might help others:

-------- Pentax web site chat session -----------

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
You have been connected to Michael C.
Michael C: Thank you for contacting Pentax chat support Jim, how may I help you?
Jim Trail: Hello; I have got a Pentax Optio T10. Will a SDHC high capacity SD memory card work in it? or, do I need just a regular SD memory card?
Michael C: The T10 can only go up to 2GB, so it cannot use a SDHC card (anything above 2GB)
Jim Trail: Okay, thanks. One other question: Is there a particular brand or type of a SD memory card that I need to buy?
Michael C: there is not, we cannot garauntee all brands will work
Michael C: it should work with any SD card as long as it is not above 2GB

Jim Trail: Right. That answers my question. Thanks.
Michael C: You're welcome Jim
Michael C: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Jim Trail: No.
Jim Trail: Thanks.
Michael C: Thank you for contacting Pentax chat support Jim, have a great day!

----- End session ----------