Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #1

Dropped K2000

I have a K2000 with a 52mm lens. It accidentally fell from the seat in car to the black top on the street.
I only notice a scratch on the outer lens structure. I removed the lens and re-installed it and still no auto focus. Turned it on and off and the result is the same.
Any suggestions from any one who has had the same problem?
Thanks

06-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by corisco7444 Quote
I have a K2000 with a 52mm lens. It accidentally fell from the seat in car to the black top on the street.
I only notice a scratch on the outer lens structure. I removed the lens and re-installed it and still no auto focus. Turned it on and off and the result is the same.
Any suggestions from any one who has had the same problem?
Thanks
It's going to have to be serviced. You need to get hold of another lens to mount so you can isolate the problem to either the lens or the camera. If it's the lens, it's cheaper to replace it rather than repair it. You can try taking the battery out and resetting the camera to factory defaults, but I doubt if it will do anything. BTW, 52mm is most likely the filter size your lens requires, not the size of the lens itself. I would guess that you have a 18-55 kit lens.