Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #1

Remote assist HELP

I am trying to use Remote Assistant with my K20D on my Mac

When I plug my camera in there is no recognition through PRA. What am I doing wrong? It comes up on my desktop as a device but not on PRA. None of the buttons in the title bar on the PRA window are active to use.

Can anyone help?

08-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #2

Not me, but someone here might.
08-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The obvious thing is to make sure you have a connection between the camera and computer. Can you copy files to and/or from the camera with the camera plugged in? I can't help much with your Mac but I know PRA does not like my 64 bit Win 7 laptop. Any similarities there? Lastly (or not), make sure you are running the latest and not the one for the K10d (if it would make any difference, I don't know).

08-21-2011, 06:10 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You need to run the program as administrator in order for it to work. At least this is how I got it to work on my PC.
Right click on the mouse when opening the program and click "run as administrator". If that doesn't work I have no idea.

09-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
I was able to do tethering before (with Remote Assistant 3.51, K20D & WIndows 7 64bit) and was trying again today for practice. Every time I plug in the camera I get the ``PC`` status on the LCD display. I tried the whole day doing all sorts of things: rebooting, re-installing original software from K20D box, changing USB ports, going through all Pentax forums. I did all the tips from all the forums and had no success. Until I realized...the reason the camera was going to usb mass storage mode (``PC`` status on the LCD) was because an SD card was plugged in the camera! I took out the SD card and voila! Tethered shooting now works!
09-05-2011, 06:25 AM   #6

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GarnishedImages Quote
I am trying to use Remote Assistant with my K20D on my Mac

When I plug my camera in there is no recognition through PRA. What am I doing wrong? It comes up on my desktop as a device but not on PRA. None of the buttons in the title bar on the PRA window are active to use.

Can anyone help?
  1. What kind of processors do you have? Intel or PowerPC?
  2. What is your Mac OS version?
  3. What version of Remote Assistant are you trying to use?