Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Any suggestion?

Pentax camera for beginners?, and how can buy a camera through this site in marketplace?

06-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
Forum Member

K-x or K-r are good beginner cameras.

To buy from the marketplace, you send a PM to the seller and they will provide you with information like how to pay (usually via paypal) and shipping.
06-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
:)

What's PM?, and how can I sent to sellers?
06-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
PM is a private message. If you see something in the marketplace that you want to buy, click on the sellers name and there will be an option to send a private message. If you and the seller agree to do business you 2 will set up a payment method (usually PayPal), you send him the money and he sends you the item, easy. Good luck.

By the way, the Kx is a GREAT beginner camera that can produce professional results and can be had for under $400 or the Kr which is the upgraded Kx and can be had for a bit more (both prices are used prices).

06-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #5

I have the K-r and am very happy with it. I moved from a K10d. I'm really impressed with how much better the K-r images are especially in low light conditions.
06-27-2011, 07:37 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
ME Super or MX
06-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I suggest narrowing down your search by perhaps thinking about important features and doing considerable more research. This site is but one very useful tool in your search. Check out the camera review sections and look at the list of features of likely candidates in your search.
Many will also agree that you could try calling any and all local camera stores to see what models they have in their store. Holding and handling the cameras can help your decision making. You won't use a camera if it does not feel right in your hands or against your nose.