Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #1

K10D battery trouble

My K10D hit the ground pretty hard the other day, and afte that it says my battery is empty after 4-5 shots, "battery depleated", even if the battery is newly charged (have 5 batteries, and the same happens on all of them). If I turn the camera off and back on again, I'm good to go for 2-6 new shots before it's the same all over again.

What can it be, and how expensive will it liekly be to fix it?

Tor Solve Tretli

06-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by skullerud Quote
My K10D hit the ground pretty hard the other day, and afte that it says my battery is empty after 4-5 shots, "battery depleated", even if the battery is newly charged (have 5 batteries, and the same happens on all of them). If I turn the camera off and back on again, I'm good to go for 2-6 new shots before it's the same all over again.

What can it be, and how expensive will it liekly be to fix it?

Tor Solve Tretli
try taking an eraser to the contacts of both the batteries and the spot where the contacts meet in the body (inside the battery compartment.

not sure it will solve the problem but it is worth a shot

cheers and good luck