Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
changed date and time

Of all days to have my date and time screw up. I shot around 50 shots with my ist DL this morning. when I loaded them into my computer when I got home the files said 1-7-2005 00:32 on the first. The batteries were good and shots downloaded a couple days ago have the correct date and time. the shots taken at my granddaughters birthday party this afternoon have the correct info ( I reset after I noticed the error). any Ideas on what may have happened. The owners manual does not list a separate battery for date/time memory . the only setting I have changed was to allow M lenses to be used in custom settings. I noticed that the setting had changed to not allow when I tried to use one of my M lenses last week. I have correct date/time info on photo's since that change

06-19-2011, 12:58 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator

It sounds as if you accidentally have reset the camera to factory settings since not only did the date/time reset, but also the M setting.
06-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
That was my first thought. So I checked photo's taken after resetting to allow M lenses. they had the correct time and date. till yesterday. Maybe just a freak thing . the camera has never acted up like this . I also do not know why it changed to not allow m lenes. I know I didn't change it and I am the only one that uses this camera. My two primes are both M lenses.
06-19-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My DS will reset the date and time when I take the batteries out to recharge. I just pop in a cheap set of AA while charging the good ones and everything stays the same.

Tim

06-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I wonder if that could be it. I changed over to rechargeable batteries a few months ago. I wonder if There was to long a lag time between taking out the rechargeables and installing the regular set while recharging. I will have to check that out next time. It makes sense , thanks
06-20-2011, 04:39 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
I wonder if that could be it. I changed over to rechargeable batteries a few months ago. I wonder if There was to long a lag time between taking out the rechargeables and installing the regular set while recharging. I will have to check that out next time. It makes sense , thanks
Originally, I could take the batteries out to recharge overnight and the date and time would hold true. There must be a capacitor that is not holding its charge as well, because it won't hold the charge anywhere near as long as it did when it was new.

Tim
06-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You can remedy the wrong data with ExifPro. Select a whole batch and move the date and time forward. Go into Tools, the Date/Time tool is in there.

06-26-2011, 05:34 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I have already reset the date and time. I'll put the sd card with the pics. backin and see if I can correct the exif. on the files thanks