Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
exif files attachment

I was checking the exif files on photos I uploaded today. when I resize the photos in elements 9 and upload the photos the file info is the created date( when I modified the photo) but the date taken does not come with it. is there a way to attach that part of the file? It is on the photo in it's folder but not here on this web site. I do not see a way to resize the photos in my pentax utility 4 program . thanks

06-19-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I'm no expert but two things might be happening. Firstly if you're using the PS 'save for the web' function, it strips EXIF info. The other one is the site you're loading the file to might be changing it. If you are using 'save for the web', you can maintain the EXIF info by doing a 'save as' instead.
06-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
I was checking the exif files on photos I uploaded today. when I resize the photos in elements 9 and upload the photos the file info is the created date( when I modified the photo) but the date taken does not come with it. is there a way to attach that part of the file? It is on the photo in it's folder but not here on this web site. I do not see a way to resize the photos in my pentax utility 4 program . thanks
In PDCU4 (the Pentax Software) use File | Save As | Select "Change Image Size" in the Save As dialog box and then enter the new image size. 800 pixel for width should be ok for here but I think you can go to 1024 before the upload resizes it more.

That might not fix your date issue - I'm not sure if the upload feature here alters the date to modified.

Also make sure your Pentax software is up to date.