Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
my wife has the k100 which is 6mp and I have k10 which is 10mp. you can't tell the 2 photos apart.... the only real advantage my k10 has over her 100 is I can crop a photo closer without to much deterioration in the photo. with a good photo printer she can enlarge to 16x20 with great results. I great lens would give better results then more mp.

cheers

06-25-2011, 12:39 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Whilst you have said what you take photos of, you haven't said what you do with them. View on screen? Small prints (postcard size)? Large prints? Huge prints? It makes a difference.

You can read about these lenses elsewhere on the site:

Pentax-F 35-80mm F4-5.6 Reviews - F Series Zooms - Pentax Lens Reviews & Comprehensive Database
Pentax-F 80-200mm F4.7-5.6 Reviews - F Series Zooms - Pentax Lens Reviews & Comprehensive Database

To me they read like the kit lenses of yesteryear, and whilst not tops for image quality, image content is all to do with what you point them at and you can shot duds with any lens.

Suggest you get on with taking photos and enjoying yourself.
06-25-2011, 08:59 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd say that unless you know for an absolute fact that your photographic skills and needs are such that these lenses and cameras won't meet your needs, there is no reason to suspect they won't.
06-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #19
Veteran Member

If you want the K5, then buy it if you have the moolah..just don't forget to sell me the K-r for cheap!
I have a K100D Super and still feel no need to upgrade. It is a 6mp camera of yesteryear with a great low light capability..yeah!

06-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Gracias a todos por los consejos!
Me acabo de dar cuenta de que mis lentes no son de la mejor calidad...

mi intención es fotografía de naturaleza, eventos académicos, fiestas... con impresiones de 8 y 1/2 x 11 pulgadas, o sea tamaño carta.

saludos desde Costa Rica
06-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Here's a link (that leads to other links) re: Megapixels: Why we've reached the end of the camera megapixel race
06-28-2011, 08:24 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fedor42 Quote
Gracias a todos por los consejos!
Me acabo de dar cuenta de que mis lentes no son de la mejor calidad...

mi intención es fotografía de naturaleza, eventos académicos, fiestas... con impresiones de 8 y 1/2 x 11 pulgadas, o sea tamaño carta.

saludos desde Costa Rica
I would say that with landscapes if you really want a lot of details in your image that would be one of the reasons to have more mp but ONLY if you are going to have a great lens to match.
I think if you have to choose, I would put a high quality lens on a 6mp camera then a cheap lens on a 12mp.... I look at it this way, a cheap lens is like looking through a dirty window, no matter how good the camera is, it is still a dirty window. hope you understand the anology considering your language barrier

cheers

06-29-2011, 03:35 AM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fedor42 Quote
If I have an K-r with 12 Megapixels, it´s quality is bad regarding the K-5 that has more megapixels?

-
-
-
More always is better quality?

-
-
-
Thanks from Costa Rica
"More is always better"? Basically yes, but it is often forgotten that there is more to Sensor- and Image Quality than just pixel-numbers. Simple calculation plus some fundamental laws of statistics and physics tell us:

- More pixels on the same (say APS-C) sensor size means smaller pixels
- Smaller pixels means less light sensitivity (this is NOT a manufacturing issue but the laws of physiscs and statistics)
- Smaller pixels means more (statistical) luminance noise (more is not better here, right?)
- Less light sensitivity means that more gain (electrical amplification) is required
- More amplfication means more electrical noise to combat

.... and so, one could go on and on. Each and every camera + sensor + lens setup involves a number of compromises. There is no theoretical "perfect" solution.

Like many others in this thread, I still keep and use my 6MP camera - in my case the *ist DL - and while a bit outdated in certain aspects, it still (to the level permitted by my humble amateurish skills) produces magnificent pictures!