Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #1

uploading pixs to this site

I have been trying to upload a picture for the contest you had going for pictures taken June 18th. I have the picture on Windows live pix and flickr but can't seen to be able to upload from theses site and to resize it. Can anyone help in detail how to do it. I'm new to the forum and to my K-r pentax camera.

Thank you
Pam aka camgirl

06-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi Pam and welcome to the forums!
When you do a reply or post, you will see just below the paragraph line "Attach Photos or File" then "Manage Attachments".
When you click on the "Manage Attachments" you will see there your "attachment key" which will guide you as to how large files you can upload to the site.
The older you are in the forums and the difference in status would give you a larger file attachment option. Being a site supporter gives you that access instantly too!
In any case, you can resize your photos (to a smaller file) to upload and just upload that. You can use any of the photo programs in your computer like "paint", Photoshop, etc.
Hope this helps
06-26-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
Site Supporter

You can also always post the pics up at a site such as Picasa and then link to them here. Link directly to the photo and it will show as one inline. I think you need your post count up a bit before posting a link is allowed.
06-26-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If it's already on Flickr, just grab the URL (of the image itself, not the HTML page containing the image), then when typing a message, click the icon for "insert image" just above where you are typing and paste tHe URL you grabbed. Best to use one of the sizes that fits on screen.

06-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the image is uploaded to flickr here is another way with a few optional steps removed:

Either find the image in your photostream or the set and left click with the mouse to display the image you wish. Then with the mouse over the image, you can right click once to see all the size options, such as medium, large original. Move the mouse to the size you want, then right click once and a small window opens. At the bottom, "Copy Image Location" appears. Right click once on that and you have the image.
Then what I do is return to the thread window I am making my post in and I manually type [IMG] and I drop my mouse right after, right click and then paste the image. To complete the process, I manually type [/IMG] and then you can see your efforts by previewing the post.