Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K-x Sensor Cleaning on Startup

So I find myself flipping the switch quite often to turn my K-x off while not using it, and quickly on again when I need it. With the Sensor Cleaning function on, this means its shaking the sensor quite often. So my questions are:

1. Is this potentially bad for the life of the camera? The sensor, cleaning mechanism, or otherwise.
2. Do you find yourself cycling the power of your cameras often? Or do you just let the camera go into its sleep mode?

Thanks!

06-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #2

Often wondered this myself. I always turn the camera off between periods of shooting....this also begs the question of whether this bad for the battery (ie. is startup using more power than standby)
06-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Intric8 Quote
Often wondered this myself. I always turn the camera off between periods of shooting....this also begs the question of whether this bad for the battery (ie. is startup using more power than standby)
This was also one of my concerns.
06-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have found that on my K-x, using the sensor shake, eats my batteries. I turned off the function in camera because of this. I do not turn my camera on and off frequently. And I have it set to go into sleep mode while I'm out shooting so as to conserve battery life too, and a touch of the shutter button brings it out of sleep mode.

06-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
tux
Forum Member

I only shake the sensor after I change the lens. I always shake about 3 times in a row after a lens change.
06-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Why turn off the camera? It goes to sleep all by itself. And unlike a P&S, it really doesn't use up much battery even when fully on, unless of course you're using it like a P&S and leaving live view on all the time.