Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeninejessica Quote
Thanks. Yeah... I was jsut coming to that conclusion now myself after I figured out how to search it properly. I'll keep looking! lol. The ebay 1.4 is still at $242, and she does claim it is NIP, so I'm going to keep watching that to see what happens in the next few hours.

***Edited to add, yeah It's the A, not M, but still, the review I found (I think it was this site...) showed a price average of around $33 I think.
FWIW, the "average" price in the review sections here are not a reliable indcator of the market price (for several reasons including sample size, increasing/decreasing price over time, bias in prce reporting, mixing new and used prices, etc.)

That said, $33 is probably a fair price for an A50/2

07-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
I have a rather large pile of lenses for my K20D. The FA50/1.4 was one of my original kit, and it's still among my most-used. My AF zooms are for shooting surprises; my manual lenses are for shooting specialties; the FA50/1.4 is my GOTTA-GET-THE-SHOT lens. If I'm in a situation with low light and/or active movement, that's my go-to. Get it; you won't be sorry.
+1

The fast 50 accounts for ~25% of all my photos and is my natural light go-to lens most of the time. It's focal length is ideal for portraits on APS-C (close enough). Only knock is it is a bit too long indoors in some situations.