Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #1

pictures are completely white

I have a k2000 and recently the pictures I took are completely white (this started 1/2 way through taking my son's prom pics), Then today the shutter started sticking...I click the button, I hear the first part of the click then the camera shuts off. I then turn the power to the off position (light stays on) but I hear the rest of the click. I have to turn the power back on, then off to actually get the power to shut down. I have no idea whats wrong but I am on vacation and would really appreciate any help.

1 more thing...this seems to be on the presets (action, night time, portrait)...if I use the manual setting it seems fine...

Thanks

Last edited by medako; 06-30-2011 at 07:47 PM.
06-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Does the camera work properly using the P mode along with the Av & Sv modes?

When you use the presets does the camera actually turn off or does it seem like it's processing.

I don't use a K2000 so I'm guessing somewhat here, just trying to narrow things down.
06-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by medako Quote
I have a k2000 and recently the pictures I took are completely white (this started 1/2 way through taking my son's prom pics), Then today the shutter started sticking...I click the button, I hear the first part of the click then the camera shuts off. I then turn the power to the off position (light stays on) but I hear the rest of the click. I have to turn the power back on, then off to actually get the power to shut down. I have no idea whats wrong but I am on vacation and would really appreciate any help.

1 more thing...this seems to be on the presets (action, night time, portrait)...if I use the manual setting it seems fine...

Thanks
How many exposures have been through the camera? I own the K-m, the sister camera to yours. I have had it for two years with now problems. I have put 201296 shutter cycles on mine. I have never used it in its preset modes. I just use it in its shutter priority, Apertute priorty, Manual and Programmed modes.

It could be a problem with the electronics. Have you ever up-loaded any firmware up-dates? I have done this with mine. This could help the camera if you have not done this at all.
06-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums

Thanks
I wonder if it would help to use the menu option to 'reset' the camera to factory default settings? After years as a computer programmer, when things start acting weird I try to reset to defaults and see how that goes. Also, try new batteries, erratic power makes computers go haywire too, and these cameras are 90% computer. If one cell goes bad, power drops to unacceptably low levels.

07-01-2011, 06:01 AM   #5

Original Poster
MalcS - that seems to have worked...thank you so much! I still don't know what happened but at this point I'm just glad its working!!
07-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
MalcS - that seems to have worked...thank you so much! I still don't know what happened but at this point I'm just glad its working!!
Great! Glad that worked!