Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Screen/browser doing some strange thing

I'm running google chrome browser on a Dell ultrasharp something flatscreen monitor. For some reason, and so far I think it's just when I'm browsing (in chrome, don't have another browser to test this), when I view images I'm getting white spots in what I think are the sometimes pure black areas. Almost exactly like how you can set your camera's rear screen to highlight the blown or pitch black areas of an image. Haven't changed any settings to do this, and it only seems to happen very occasionally, and randomly.

Anyone know what's going on?

Last edited by CWyatt; 07-03-2011 at 11:41 PM.
07-03-2011, 11:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here is an example screenshot crop from facebook.

EDIT: It showed up the dots in chrome, paint, and photoshop, and was gone when I posted it here. ?
07-04-2011, 04:02 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Have you deleted the screenshot? I don't see any.

It could be an issue with your monitor profile. Chrome is colour managed, i.e., it will use the currently active colour profile to transform images into their intended colour space.

Photoshop is colour managed as well. Don't know about "Paint".
07-04-2011, 06:04 AM   #4
Veteran Member

So what happens if you download and use a different browser? Firefox? Safari? Opera?

And post an image with the problem.