Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
[langtitle=de]Einstellung Pentax K 10D[/langtitle]

Hab mir eine Pentax K 10D gekauft und wüsste gern welche Grundeinstellung ihr an eurer 10D eingestellt habt,Schärfe,Farbe
Gruss Herby

07-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I leave mine at a neutral setting. Shoot RAW and adjust in your favorite photo editing software. If you shoot JPEG, maybe turn the sharpness up one notch in the menu.
07-13-2011, 10:46 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you
07-15-2011, 07:02 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I use my K10D in JPEG mode most of the time. I only use Raw or RAW + if I know there will be mixed light sources or other color temperature problems beyond what the Auto setting can handle.
I keep my Image Tone set on bright, and the Saturation, Sharpness, and Contrast all set on +1. I'm happy with the results I get.

07-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chickenherby Quote
Hab mir eine Pentax K 10D gekauft und wüsste gern welche Grundeinstellung ihr an eurer 10D eingestellt habt,Schärfe,Farbe
Gruss Herby
QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
I leave mine at a neutral setting. Shoot RAW and adjust in your favorite photo editing software. If you shoot JPEG, maybe turn the sharpness up one notch in the menu.
Yes! I too use all the neutral settings and shoot RAW (DNG) + JPEG and post 99.9% of everything I have on the internet using the Jpeg. If I plan to print the image, I will work the Raw file for this purpose.

I have found Auto White Balance will work 100% of the time outdoors and may work indoors if there is enough natural light filtering into the area. Otherwise, best to use Tungsten Light White Balance and if this still does not get you good results, working the Raw file usually does. When shooting with ISO's 100 - 400, I will underexpose the image (-1/3), this saves most of the highlights. When shooting from ISO 400 and above, I will try to overexpose (+1/3), this for me, reduces noise etc. I've shot as high as ISO 1250 with good results...

Great camera and sensor, images properly exposed and shot at ISO 100 are pristine... have a good time!
07-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks a lot for all your comments,yesterday the camera comes and now i want to go outside and make pictures.thanks for help ,i will find out now whats the best for me.regards Herby.