Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DragonLord Quote
The PNY card has been returned and replaced with a SanDisk Extreme 30MB/s 16GB SDHC card. The SanDisk card proved to be far faster; the buffer cleared in half the time it took for the Kingston Class 4 card under a variety of conditions. Furthermore, copying speeds from the computer to the card were consistent, without any pausing or hesitation in the writing process. In the future, I will only choose from SanDisk, Lexar, and Kingston. I do not want unreliable or inconsistent performance.

--DragonLord
Glad it worked out for you.

07-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have 3 PNY Pro 8 GB Class 10 cards I can test with. I also have various other class 6 and 4 cards to compare to.

I would probably consider running the test on a Linux box instead of Windows. I've seen Windows do some funky things with transfer rates so I wouldn't put it past the OS being the cause of the problem.