Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2011, 02:21 AM   #1

pentax dslr service

Just exploring the web regarding service of pentax DSLRs. I know that there is no service facility in India. Has any one from India attempted service by sending the camera to a service dealer in US? If so what is the experience?

08-01-2011, 05:38 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
I have a hazy (read scratched) viewfinder on my K-x. I'm looking for service in India. Interestingly, the worldwide service network sheet that came alongwith my K-x states two authorised service centres. Anybody tried them yet?
08-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #3

Original Poster
pentax dslr service

If you are in Bangalore contact Benaka camera repairs near commercial street He is good. Only limitation is with the availability of pentax spares since there is no pentax spare distributor in India
08-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
Forum Member

Service

Try KEH in Atlanta Georgia. They have a great web site.

GOOD LUCK In India.

08-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #5

Can u post here Benaka's phone no. / email id?
08-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
rhe

Here you go.

Sri Benaka Cameras (Services Centre), Kamaraj Road, Bangalore | Sri Benaka Cameras (Services Centre), Service Centre in Bangalore - Reviews - asklaila
08-02-2011, 12:17 AM   #7

Original Poster
reopair in us

We need to send the camera to US by courier from India. To and fro will cost Rs 7000 to 8000 + cost of spare + US service charges. Will be pretty expensive. It will be nice if we can get spares to India and get the repair done in India with a reliable technician. Benaka did a good job to replace my pentax K-r LCD which cracked due to bad porter handling during a trekking expedition. I sourced the LCD from a site in hongkong. Cost me Rs 3000 for the LCD + Rs 500 benaka service charge. If I had sent it to the US would have been atleast 12 to 13000 minimum. I hope in future we can source spares for pentax in India