Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #1

Magic Lantern Book

Well i took the plunge and bought a k10d and would like to find the best resource to learn more about the camera is the Magic Lantern bokk a good place to learn or should i try another publication?

Thanks
John

07-25-2011, 06:21 AM   #2

I purchased a Magic Lantern Guide for the K-7 and have found it useful for explaining terms and functions better than the users manual. However, several wise forum members offered the best resource advice for learning your camera. Just go out and shoot, evaluate results, tweak settings, and shoot some more. Also, posting questions here and reading of others expeirences has been most helpful. I have taken to carrying a small notebook in my bag to record thoughts and changes made on the fly. I find it helpful to also record what worked where and to have a ready resource on hand. My sister-in-law uses a list/notes function on her iPhone. Remember, the best way to learn something is to just go out and do it.
07-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have about 3 Magic Lantern books, 1 for vintage Pentax film bodies, K200d and E-P1. Another source is Yvon Bourque's ebooks.

Pentax K10D e-book. (Free sample available)) - AlettA Photographic

I have his ebook for the K20d.

http://www.alettaphoto.com/categories/e%252dbooks/
07-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #4

Original Poster
Magis Lantern

Thanks for the help guys.

Big JOhn

07-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That's a good book. But nothing teaches better than experience. Like the previous poster said, go out and shoot. see what went wrong. shoot again.

have you ever shot before or are you total newbie?
07-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #6

Original Poster
No i am not a newbie to this i have in the past used a point and shoot digital br\efore that i used a k1000 and super program 35mm. What i would like to do is use my old lenses from these cameras on my k10d. I can get my af zoom to work fine but have had no luck with my manual lenses as of yet.

Thanks again
Big John