Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #1

Sensor is stuck/jammed? Help, please!

So... There's something wrong with my K100D's sensor. I tried a bulb shot and during all the time the shutter remained open, the camera would make a continuous clicking sound it had never made before.

My boyfriend suggested it might have been due to low battery, but I recharged such batteries and kept hearing the sound. I removed the lens and kept the mirror up with the cleaning option, took a look and the sensor was shaking sideways. Long exposure or not, photos appear off-center, it's the only way I can describe it. I have attatched some examples.

I have always taken a lot of care of this camera, I have never dropped it. Though I'm starting to think something might have moved roughly in a recent bus trip... The driver would go over the speed bumps without braking, causing us passengers (and belongings) to literally jump off our seats and land violently...

Has anyone has anything like this happen before? Any help and tips would be very appreciated!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
07-26-2011, 04:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sounds like the sensor got stuck shifted to one side. Have you tried the sensor clean function? That should shake the sensor, maybe free it up. The cost of having Pentax repair the camera may exceed the price of replacement. I had a K100Ds, it never made the click noise that you describe. If all else fails, you could try slamming in into your left hand to try to free it up. That is, hold the camera in your right hand, as if you were shooting, and slam it into your left hand hard. I would only do this as a last resort.
07-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #3

Original Poster
Yeah, I just tried the cleaning function. Nothing happened, maybe the sensor didn't shake long enough?

I'l still see and contact any official Pentax distributers/techs in my area and ask for a budget at least. If its too costly, I'll try slamming it...

Thanks!

Last edited by CandyCaneChild3; 07-27-2011 at 02:22 PM.