Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K200d IR conversion

I'm in the oppertunity to purchase a used K200D. And I would really love to have a infrared converted body.

On this great forum, I found several step by step guides to convert the Pentax IST. And others that converted the K10 on their own.

But I cannot find anything about the K200D.

Does anyone have any experience with that camera conversion? Any guides available that I missed?

I'm technical enough to follow a guide step by step. Even if the details very a little. Is the IST guide usable to mod the K200d, or are they VERY different inside?

Thanks for the help!

07-26-2011, 05:25 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I could be completely wrong about this but I think once you get inside, as far as how everything is put together, the cameras are basically the same. Just make good notes and take lots of photos so you know how to get it all back together. Then write an article for the next person wanting to convert a camera.