Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Popular Photography scam

I send Popular Photography order card for $14. but still today I didn't get anything except payment email. They said you have to pay. so I paid 6 weeks ago. but after 5weeks later, Email was come and said that you need to paid it again. They are scam!
I'm so angry. I wanna sue them all. but I don't have any evidences. because They send email by secret mode and erase it. I send email back. but They didn't answer me. They just celebrating them self. I'm still getting Popular Photography information email, It's not fail. Why they didn't say sorry and send money back? I want my money back. but how? I don't have anything to say because of no evidence. God damn it.
What should I do?

07-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
They are very slow to process orders... I bought subscription but took about four months to start getting issues. I can't say for sure, but are the requests to pay notices actually for *next year*??
It seems I get these about the time my subscription started.
I found it rather annoying and confusing , but after a few years I just ignore them.

How did you pay? If by credit card, do you have an option to dispute the charge and cancel it?
Let *them* handle the problem and stop dealing with it yourself. :-) :-)
07-28-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
sorry to hear that. lost of mag companies are slow to process orders through the mail. have you called them?
07-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I recently subscribed to Pop Photo's sister magazine, American Photographer, sending a check with my subscription. Even before I received my first issue, I received a renewal notice. It looked very much like a bill, but if you looked closely, you could see it was a renewal.

I sent them an email asking if they were crazy or something. I received an apologetic reply that they had marked my subscription to not receive a renewal until next year. The next day, I received my first issue.

In the past, I have accidenetally paid twice to renew a subscription. In those cases, the publisher did not refund the money (I didn't ask), but merely extended the subscription by 24 months, instead of 12. Unfortunately, this meant I overpaid, because they usually offer a discount for a multi-year renewal.

On the front cover of PopPhoto, check the mailing address. The first line is a USPS bar code. The second line is some gibberish that I assume means something to the mail room at the printer. The third line contains your subscription number. To the right of that is the expiration issue of your subscription. In my case, it is JUL12, meaning that my subscription is paid through the July 2012 issue.

07-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Popular Photography is not a scam. Subscription requests can take a couple of months to process.

What form of payment did you make? If you paid by credit card, you can enlist the assistance of your credit card company in resolving the situation if you don't receive any magazines.

You need to relax - it's only $14. You can email them or call them, calmly, and they will probably clear up the problem with your subscription. It's in the their best interest to keep you as a long-term subscriber, not to take your $14 one-time payment and run.

Paul
07-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I bit on a promo offer and got 1-year subs to POP PHOTO and AM PHOTO for like US$8. Took six weeks for the first PP to show up; they've been regular as rubella ever since. And virtually every mag I know of sends renewal notices out immediately. Enough people bite, so it works.

In other words: Don't sweat it.