Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2011, 08:44 PM   #1

New k10d

So i finally had time to play with my new k10d with some of my old manual lenses,
after i went into the custom feature and changed a few things , they do acttually work but the shutter stays open for ever and obviously can not keep the camera still and some are blurry, so how do i close the shutter faster what am i missing?

Thanks
John

07-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #2

Is it on Bulb mode..??? Which lens are you using??? check for sticky aperture blades..
07-29-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Suggest following the directions in this sticky https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/110658-using-ma...ml#post1140022

Then in manual mode select an appropriate shutter speed, Aperture and ISO.

If the shutter does not behave as directed then there may be an issue.
07-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
Inactive Account

What are you trying to take photos of and with which lens.

1. With manual (non A type) lenses, only M mode will work.
2. To Use it, set your aperture ring to the desired opening and hit the green button (On top next to the top lcd).
3. If you're happy with the shutter speed the camera selects, take your photo.

if you are using an A type lens, set it to A and you can use one of the other modes, Av or Tv. In which case, use your e-dials to change the aperture or shutter speed (you can also do this in M mode where you can control both at the same time). If you are using Green Mode, Don't.

Also, make sure you are running proper firmware (press and hold the menu button while turning on the camera). You want it to be at least v1.20. It turns on a lot of features not shipped with the original camera at v1.00.

To really be of further help though, we need more information.

07-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks i will try these suggestions and get more info on the lenses, now these lenses are from my 35 mm cameras a k1000 and a super program so am i correct saying they are k mount lenses?

Thanks again
John

Would it be a good idea to just buy another af lense such as the 18-55 kit lense till i get use to the camera itself the mess with my other lenses i also have an af 80-300 lense that works great.
07-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by mrpromod Quote
Thanks i will try these suggestions and get more info on the lenses, now these lenses are from my 35 mm cameras a k1000 and a super program so am i correct saying they are k mount lenses?

Thanks again
John

Would it be a good idea to just buy another af lense such as the 18-55 kit lense till i get use to the camera itself the mess with my other lenses i also have an af 80-300 lense that works great.
Yes, they would be K mount lenses (most likely). The Super Program could also take advantage of the A setting on the aperture ring of later K mount lenses.

By the time you actually receive the 18-55, you can be use to using your current lenses. I would save the money in that case.