Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2011, 07:28 AM   #1

Compact Flash card problem

Can anyone help ?

I took a lot of RAW format photos on my *istD last week, on a 16GB Integral i-Pro compact flash card.

Attempts to upload them to iPhoto on my Mac has failed. No problems before. Interrogating the card separately shows hundreds of PEF format file, but each one is 15 or 16kb each, rather than the 12MB expected.

Does anyone have any tried and tested solutions to recover the data if it's possible ?

08-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Try PC Inspector from http://www.convar.com. Free and works for me. The only issue might be that the files are in RAW format.
08-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First your card is likely corrupted and you shot replace it by a good quality card. Sandisk can be recommend by many Pentaxians.

I use Recuva (Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download) to recover lost files. It works but does not always save all the shots. Recuva is free and done by the developers of Ccleaner. Another user indicated that he was able to recover a bit more by using 2 different softwares.

Hope that the comment will help.