Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
Inactive Account

new k7 need help on playback feature

I have k10 and now new k7, and I have tried everything to get playback to show me photo instantly like my k10, I have read and read, looked into all options in menu and still am unable to get this to work. It has a very long delay when I even hit the playback button, so frustrating as I really like to look at photo right away to see what I have, this is very frustrating what am I doing wrong

08-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a K-7 and I enclose my thoughts.

*In my setup, I switch off the LCD to save the battery.

*To review your shots, press the button 'View' on the top left of LCD

*If the last photograph is slow to come straight after your shot, this is because (a) you setup some in-camera processing or (b) your card is slow.

By default, the K-7 has some in-camera processing and you are better off to switch off (kill off) all in-camera processing. Examples of camera processing include (and are not limited to) lens distortion correction, High-ISO correction, ... More generally most Pentaxians would advise to perform any PP on the computer.

I hope that the advise will help. The K-7 is a great camera and you will enjoy it.
08-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thank you!!!!!! this is very helpful and you are right I do have many settings I don't need ...I will give it a try and let you know, thanks again
08-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Try a faster card - I had that problem till I got a class 10 card. It took forever for playback with my class 6 cards.

08-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Think my card is class 6 and there isn't any replay delay.