Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Files unable to download

I took approx 120 shots (jpeg) of a bicycle race this afternoon and tried to upload them to Lightroom 3.4. Almost 1/2 of the photos were unable to be downloaded to LR3.4, and some of the shots that were downloaded have errors. Any thoughts on this? I checked with LR3.4 and I have all the updates installed.

08-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

This looks very suspicious and might be card defect.

First, how did you connect the card? By cable or using a card reader?

Consider very rapidly to use a fiel recovery utility software like Recuva (Revuva - Free and highly effective recovery software. - CNET Storage Forums) to try to recover your shots.

Then throw away our card and buy a new one (of good quality).

Hope that the comment will help.
08-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Unable to download

I used a USB from the camera directly to my Mac and LR3.4. The card is a SanDisk Ultra 8MB and I just purchased it Tuesday last week. I uploaded again using a card reader and successfully loaded 10 more, but dozens still won't upload. I think I'll return the card tomorrow and get a better quality card. Thanks for the suggestions.
08-14-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Sandisk cards are good quality - unless it's a fake.

08-17-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Unable to download files.....still

Okay, returned the SDHC card to vendor, picked up a SanDisk PRO 8GB card. Took 40 shots at a birthday party, 19 will not download, 2 that did download have an error message. I initially downloaded from the camera using USB, that worked for 8 shots only. Removed the SDHC card and used a SanDisk card reader which downloaded another 13 shots, 19 won't download. I am on a Mac with the latest version Lion, and LR 3.4. Any thoughts on this?
08-18-2011, 07:00 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

I've had similar problems with two different cards...cards that work fine in my K20D.Baffling isn't it?
Regards!
08-18-2011, 07:12 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Use a card reader instead of the USB cable.
Format your card in-camera.
Don't be an early adopter of the latest Mac OS.
Upgrade only when all the bugs get fixed and the OS is stable.
08-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
unable to download

Lessons learned, DON'T be an early adopter of Mac OS......Lion apparently has severe tick infestation

08-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #9

Hi have had no problems importing into LR3.4.1 with Lion. I do use a USB reader rather than directly from camera. What you can try is to use Image Capture (included in OS X) to import into a folder then import from the folder into LR3.4.1. I use this method most of the time so I can capture the GPS information from my iPhone GeoLogTag App.