Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Files unable to download

I took approx 120 shots (jpeg) of a bicycle race this afternoon and tried to upload them to Lightroom 3.4. Almost 1/2 of the photos were unable to be downloaded to LR3.4, and some of the shots that were downloaded have errors. Any thoughts on this? I checked with LR3.4 and I have all the updates installed.

08-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

This looks very suspicious and might be card defect.

First, how did you connect the card? By cable or using a card reader?

Consider very rapidly to use a fiel recovery utility software like Recuva (Revuva - Free and highly effective recovery software. - CNET Storage Forums) to try to recover your shots.

Then throw away our card and buy a new one (of good quality).

Hope that the comment will help.
08-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Unable to download

I used a USB from the camera directly to my Mac and LR3.4. The card is a SanDisk Ultra 8MB and I just purchased it Tuesday last week. I uploaded again using a card reader and successfully loaded 10 more, but dozens still won't upload. I think I'll return the card tomorrow and get a better quality card. Thanks for the suggestions.
08-14-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Sandisk cards are good quality - unless it's a fake.

08-17-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Unable to download files.....still

Okay, returned the SDHC card to vendor, picked up a SanDisk PRO 8GB card. Took 40 shots at a birthday party, 19 will not download, 2 that did download have an error message. I initially downloaded from the camera using USB, that worked for 8 shots only. Removed the SDHC card and used a SanDisk card reader which downloaded another 13 shots, 19 won't download. I am on a Mac with the latest version Lion, and LR 3.4. Any thoughts on this?
08-18-2011, 07:00 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I've had similar problems with two different cards...cards that work fine in my K20D.Baffling isn't it?
Regards!
08-18-2011, 07:12 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Use a card reader instead of the USB cable.
Format your card in-camera.
Don't be an early adopter of the latest Mac OS.
Upgrade only when all the bugs get fixed and the OS is stable.

08-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
unable to download

Lessons learned, DON'T be an early adopter of Mac OS......Lion apparently has severe tick infestation
08-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #9

Hi have had no problems importing into LR3.4.1 with Lion. I do use a USB reader rather than directly from camera. What you can try is to use Image Capture (included in OS X) to import into a folder then import from the folder into LR3.4.1. I use this method most of the time so I can capture the GPS information from my iPhone GeoLogTag App.