Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #1

Trouble saving images

Hi all,
I know I'm not strictly a Pentax owner but I'm having real trouble with my Samsung GX20. It works fine when I take pics slowly but as soon as I get a bit trigger happy or am using RAW it stops saving images onto SDHC card properly. I then have to use an Image Retrieval Program to get the images and the LCD displays 'camera cannot display image'!! It's so frustrating!! I'm using a SanDisk SDHC (8gb and 32gb). I really need to get this sorted before I go on hols in Sept where I know I'll be glued to the camera and will NOT want to be having trouble with it! Any help gratefully received!!

08-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Sounds like dodgy card(s). Have you had them long? Is this problem new to the camera or since using the cards?

Have you tried the SDHC cards in other cameras? Where did you get them? Unfortunately Sandisk is one of the favourites for counterfeiting.
08-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you have concerns on the legitemacy of your cards (I did on mine) you can email a close-up shot of both sides of the card clearly showing the serial# to Sandisk tech support and they will verify the authenticity. For retail from our good vendors its not much concern but if its an ebay special, be concerned.

If cards are good the only thing left is camera. I dont know of any settings that could cause that unfortunately.

Good luck, please let us know the resolution so it can be passed on to the next soul.
08-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bryonyboyce Quote
Hi all,
I know I'm not strictly a Pentax owner but I'm having real trouble with my Samsung GX20. It works fine when I take pics slowly but as soon as I get a bit trigger happy or am using RAW it stops saving images onto SDHC card properly. I then have to use an Image Retrieval Program to get the images and the LCD displays 'camera cannot display image'!! It's so frustrating!! I'm using a SanDisk SDHC (8gb and 32gb). I really need to get this sorted before I go on hols in Sept where I know I'll be glued to the camera and will NOT want to be having trouble with it! Any help gratefully received!!
You've probably got a failing card, although it's worrying both are doing it. Can you try a third card? If it's the reader in your camera it may be too late to get you camera fixed, but second hand K20D & K-7s are cheap now....

08-17-2011, 07:11 AM   #5

Original Poster
1 of the cards is definitely authentic and I thought I'd fixed the problem by updating the firmware but it has started doing it again. I bought the camera in April and the guy I bought it from is adamant there was nothing wrong with it when I bought it. I'll try another card and see if that helps. Really hope it's not the camera!
08-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Are you formatting the cards in camera after each download? Not formatting on the computer, and not just deleting old images.
08-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #7

Original Poster
OK, I now feel a little stupid. I have just bought a Transcend 16GB high speed card and it seems to have done the trick. Let's hope it stays that way as I spoke to a few repair shops who said it would be very costly if I needed to change a circuit board!! Fingers crossed!! Thanks all for your replies
08-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #8

As twitch said always format the SD card in the camera after saving/downloading you files to your computer.