Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2011, 01:37 AM   #1

DVD slide show software

I want to produce a DVD slide show on my XP machine. I have had Proshow Gold version 2.5 for a few years, although I haven’t used it much, but with my new K-x it has two problems.

Firstly, it defaults to “Fill Frame” rather than “Fit to Frame” (Slide->Slide Options->Image/Video->Object Settings) which means that it expands the smaller of the two dimensions to fill the frame – i.e. I always lose a bit of the picture in landscape mode, and in portrait mode I only get about the middle third of the photo!.

There appears to be no way of changing the default, or making a global change for all images in the presentation. Which leaves only the option of going through each and every slide in the show individually and changing it. A large no-no.

Even if I can overcome this one, it doesn’t burn to my SATA DVD writer which makes life difficult. I have Nero but that requires a VIDEO_TS folder which Proshow Gold can’t do.

Can any Proshow experts out there help?

I have looked at Windows Movie maker in XP but that only goes as far as a .wmv file, as does Microsoft Photo Story 3 for Windows XP, so they aren’t much help.

Photostage Slideshow Producer produces DVDs that play on some machines but not on others, and it can’t produce a disk image or a VIDEO_TS folder.

I have read two or three threads on the subject here but not much else comes up. Can anybody make any helpful (but polite ) suggestions?

Many thanks

08-22-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have proshow version 3 I think ,and it will write to a SATA DVD writer.
08-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for that - but having paid for version 2, and not requiring too much from it, I am trying to avoid a $40 upgrade unless I really have to do it.

However, I have discovered that Proshow will produce an .iso file, which Nero is happy to burn to my writer, so that problem is solved. (In the "Create DVD Disc" window, go to the "Output Options" tab, and set the "Writer" field to "ISO Image File".)
08-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Glad you found a solution. I am in no hurry to upgrade Pro Show either, I VERY rarely use it....But, I have it if I need it...