Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Problem with Flash K-x

tengo problemas con el flash pups up de la pentax kx... si bloqueo la entrada de luz del lente con mi mano si dispara el flash para medir la distancia (flash automatico). Pero al querer tomar una foto simplemente se levanta el flash pero no dispara y las fotos salen oscuras.

09-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have moved your thread to the Beginner's Q&A forum. Ask B&H is only for asking for specific sales and support issues with B&H (B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders).

If I understand your post correctly, you're on auto mode and the flash doesn't always fire, and when it doesn't the images come out dark. This is a metering issue rather than a flash problem. If you posted an example of your results it would make it easier to explain. The camera determines whether it should use flash or not by the available light - if there is enough, it won't need flash to expose the image acceptably with a fast enough shutter speed. If not, then the flash will fire. You can set the camera to always use the flash if you want. But it sounds to me that your results are 'dark' because the camera is metering for the bright areas in the scene, which leaves the darker shadow areas of the scene (likely to be the subject of your photos) dark and unacceptable to you. If your subject is close, you can use flash to fill in the details, or if it is far away, you'll just have to overexpose the image to get the detail you want from your subject.

Hope this helps.
09-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Make sure the batteries are charged enough to handle the flash. I had issues with my K-X at first and it was due to having low battery power. As soon as I realized it, and put in fully charged batteries, the flash worked great.
09-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jose gonzalez Quote
tengo problemas con el flash pups up de la pentax kx... si bloqueo la entrada de luz del lente con mi mano si dispara el flash para medir la distancia (flash automatico). Pero al querer tomar una foto simplemente se levanta el flash pero no dispara y las fotos salen oscuras.
If my translation is correct you are in auto-mode and trying to cover the lens with your hand to trick the camera in firing the strobe to meter the distance/scene. But when you take a photo the flash is simply up but will not fire and the pictures come out dark.

As mentioned by Ash, I don't think this is a flash problem either. You can set the flash to fire at every shot if you wish. I would suggest reading page 156-157 of your K-x manual. You can also download the K-x manual in Spanish here: http://www.pentaximaging.com/images/temp/63410980113203840952787manual_k-x_sp.pdf

Hope this helps.